My writings on Go programming.
- Go Experience Report for Generics: Google metrics API
Design of a Go API for instrumenting programs with metrics for production monitoring.
- Package names
How to name things well in Go.
- Go Concurrency Patterns: Context
Request-scoped values and cancelation.
- Go Concurrency Patterns: Pipelines and cancelation
Guidelines for creating robust parallel processing pipelines.
My talks on Go programming.
- Simulating a real-world system in Go – dotGo 2017
Studying real-world systems can help us write better Go.
- Program your next server in Go – ACM Applicative 2016
An introduction to Go for server programmers.
- gRPC Go – GothamGo 2015
A new RPC system from Google that mates beautifully with Go.
- Go for Java Programmers – NYJavaSIG, April 23, 2015
A pragmatist’s introduction to Go.
- Cancelation, Context, and Plumbing – GothamGo 2014
A novel approach to managing distributed request processing.
- Advanced Go Concurrency Patterns – Google I/O 2013
A deep technical dive into applying Go’s concurrency to real problems.